Samples of Spirit's Fan Fiction

If you would like to sample my fan fiction, I offer the following five stories. Each story is not very long, and it either takes place in a franchise practically everyone is familiar with, or you don't need to know much about the franchise to begin with.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My Supergirl short story "We're All Powerless"

This story is based on the television program rather than the comic book. You don't need to know much about the show to enjoy this story, which is small in scale and largely self-explanatory. It's just over 2,500 words, so it doesn't take too long to read.

We're All Powerless

Supergirl has a quiet conversation with a grieving woman.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My Star Wars Christmas filk "Anakin Got Run Over by a Sith Lord"

If you're familiar with the Star Wars prequels, this might tickle your funny bone. It's a very quick read.

Anakin Got Run Over by a Sith Lord

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My Frozen / Godzilla crossover short story "Frozilla"

Most people are familiar with the Disney movie Frozen, and everyone knows Godzilla. You'll need a passing knowledge of the Frozen characters, but you don't have to know much about Godzilla to understand this story, which is just over 5,000 words.

Frozilla

Oh, hell.
There goes Arendelle.
Go go Godzilla.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My Robotech short story "Another Way to Die"

Even though this story is heavy with the history of Robotech, I still believe it is small enough in scale, and self-explanatory enough, for you to enjoy even if you know nothing of Robotech. It's just under 2,500 words.

Another Way to Die

Exedore is kidnapped, but these things never go according to plan.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My Game of Thrones novelette "One"

If you're a Game of Thrones fan, you might enjoy this one. It does require you to know a lot about the show. Set immediately after season 7, this story is my take on how the characters in Winterfell dealt with the Night King. It's a longer read than the other samples, at just over 11,500 words.

I wrote "One" in December 2018, before season 8 aired, so any resemblance between it and the actual events of season 8 are coincidental.

One

Daenerys, Jon, and the others arrive in Winterfell, preparing to face the Night King and his undead army. But the Three-Eyed Raven knows united strangers will never succeed. The time for secrets is over. Sansa, Arya, Jon, and Daenerys must tear down the walls between them, and they must do it quickly. Their only chance for life is to become One.

Back to the Fan Fiction page

Back to my home page