Heroes

Author's Notes

Throughout this story are several references to the time of day, and to days of the week. For lack of any evidence to the contrary, I have decided that planet G889 has a day only slightly shorter than Earth's, and a comparable year. I imagine that, for the sake of familiarity, mankind will carry the means of telling time to the stars, adapting them wherever necessary. I also imagine that the tenet of the five-day work week, with Saturday and Sunday being considered weekends, will prevail for many hundreds of years in the future. Even in this alien setting, the characters use familiar references for telling time. Please don't let that fool you into thinking they are somewhere else.

All characters in this publication are fictitious, and any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is the product of your own deranged imagination. Deal with it.

Any archaeological or geological mistakes made in this story are due to the ignorance of the author, not the characters.

I wrote this story to coincide with the one-year anniversary of EvacPod Con, and I slipped a lot of in-jokes about that trip into it.

The Story Before the Story

Back to the "Heroes" chapter selection page

Back to the Earth 2 stories list

Back to the Fan Fiction page

Back to my home page